The best way to Create a Free Google Web site for Your Enterprise
A web presence is essential today in order to be found on the Internet. According to Statista.com, nearly a third of consumers in the US look for a local business online every day. It's simple: websites are essential to attract new customers.
A website is invaluable in other ways too, such as: B. to present your products and to increase leads. However, your website doesn't have to cost a fortune and include the latest features. If you're a small business that just wants to let customers know who you are and what you do, a free Google website might be for you.
What is Google's Free Website Builder?
Google's free website builder is part of Google My Business and helps customers discover you online.
When creating your website, Google uses the information from your GMB business profile and uses it for the building blocks of your website. Aside from a few tweaks, you're pretty good out of there.
While there is no cost, free Google websites look professional and offer a variety of current topics.
Google's website builder is for everyone, even beginners. With a free Google website, there is no need for technical knowledge or worry about large backups.
Additional benefits of having a free Google website include:
- You don't have to rely on social media: Not every prospect is on social media, and many may not be on the platforms you like best. Having your own website where people can googling your name or what you sell and find your information without logging into Facebook or Twitter is a great way to attract those customers.
- user friendliness: One of the main advantages of a free Google website is its simplicity and it delivers great looking websites. For example, even the free version of WordPress can seem overwhelming to the absolute beginner, with menus, pages, submenus, etc.
- It offers the essentials: If you're not looking for the full ecommerce experience, a free Google website is all you need to reach a wider audience.
Here are some more reasons why you should use a free Google website to get online.
Why should you build a website with Google's free tool?
Only 64 percent of small businesses have websites. Now, 70 percent of potential customers are more likely to buy from a company with a website.
This means 36 percent of businesses may miss 70 percent of buyers.
Websites make businesses appear more legitimate, especially if the website looks professional. Google websites that take almost no time to set up and require minimal maintenance can look like you spent hours and thousands of dollars making them look great.
If you are found using the free Google website, why not take advantage of its easy setup and free features?
Features of Google Website Builder
The most important thing that sets Google's corporate websites apart is that the website is created for you automatically. You can change things as needed. However, if you have a Google My Business account and select the website option, the information on a website will be automatically populated for you based on a template you choose.
Don't let its simplicity fool you. A free Google My Business website gives you a lot of features.
For example, it offers you integrated optimization so that customers:
- contact or message you
- to order
- Obtain offers for services
- Book your services or arrange deliveries
In addition, you can show what makes your company special on a free Google website:
Other features worth mentioning are:
- Integration with Google Maps and Calendar
- Image carousel and video links
- Connection with Google Drive
In addition, Google offers you automatic updates, advertising and is also mobile-friendly.
As you can see, a free google website offers a lot to the new business owner, but how does it compare to any other?
Google Website Builder versus WordPress and other similar tools
Google Website Builder's one-page format surpasses many other options in terms of simplicity.
In addition, it creates a website with almost no effort, where Google's product stands out from similar tools. Plus, you can import images and track analytics with just a few clicks, so you have the essentials all in all.
The other main advantage over its competitors is that you don't start from scratch and you don't make all the decisions yourself.
While it may seem easy to some, Google gives you a functional, good-looking website that, with a little imagination, will produce impressive results.
For inspiration, check out what Steel Mailbox did to them. This Google corporate website starts with the basics that can be drawn from their business information (e.g., the directions feature).
If you click on the "hamburger" in the top left you will see options the company added that will take you to different areas of the page. One cool feature they added was a list of mailbox types with brief definitions of each. This way, users searching for mailboxes can understand what type they need without having to search Steel Mailbox's non-Google website.
If a customer clicks on one of these blue links, they will be forwarded directly to the mailbox type they are looking for. If they went through the main page – and you can have a simple Google business site as well as a more in-depth one – they would probably have to do more research to find exactly what they need.
What a great feature for customers on the go.
When it comes to this type of website, ongoing SEO optimization is perhaps the weakest area, but you can use a free or paid tool to find keywords and include them in your descriptions and posts.
While bloggers, Fortune 500 companies, and small businesses use WordPress to build their websites, it's actually a content management system.
You have two options to get started. WordPress.com offers you the free version, while WordPress.org offers a paid version.
At the free level, the main difference between Google and WordPress is that you can create multiple pages within your website while Google has a one-page format.
When you get to the paid tiers, you can add additional features.
While WordPress offers a lot more features than Google websites, no matter what level you are at, you have to start from scratch. Nothing is filled in automatically. That said, there are plenty of tutorials online if you just study and you don't have to do any coding.
Wix is another free website builder, but it also has premium and ecommerce plans. Getting started is easy. Just sign in or sign in with Facebook or Google to get started.
As with WordPress, the free tier is relatively limited in functionality. However, when you're ready to pay, you can access hundreds of templates, additional types of analytics, and more.
Wix offers 500 different templates and thanks to the drag-and-drop feature, beginners can use them without any technical knowledge.
Other functions are:
- Media galleries
- mobile optimization
- unlimited fonts
- a personalized SEO plan
Wix also offers coding for visitor tracking while the analytics tool shows your sales, traffic, and visitor behavior.
How to customize your free google website
After you've set up your Google My Business page (see the next section for detailed steps), you can view your free Google website in a default configuration. You can then start customizing from there.
The list closest to your sample website has things you can do now, such as: B. Add photos, text and designs. The leftmost one contains:
- At home
Take some time to learn about these options and what they do with each other.
From the home page you can also:
- Complete your profile by adding opening times, descriptions and logos
- Inform customers about news and events
- Create a custom @ yourbusiness email address
- Start virtue tours and create ads
You can view the topics, add images with a photo gallery, and edit the categories of your website from the other menu.
To get the most out of your website, do the following:
- Choose your topic: The most obvious starting point for customization is looking at the issues. There are ten to choose from, all with different colors and text styles. Click on each one in turn to see which topic is closest to the style of your business and the image you want to convey.
- Add photos: Click the top right corner of the header image, drag your photo, or upload one from your computer. To add more images, click Photos on the left.
- Processing: Edit the text by clicking the blue "Edit" button below the photos.
- Additional changes: Click on "More" to change settings, publish them or receive advice on customer acquisition.
As simple as that! You have your free google website created and you should be ready to get noticed online.
How to build your free google website
Before building your website, set up your Google my Business page if you haven't already. Here's how to do just that.
- Go to Google's website builder.
You look for the heading "Website". It's the third at the top.
- Add your company name and click the blue arrow.
- Add your company category.
If your service or industry isn't unique, add the class that best represents your company. Click next. "
- Select your location settings.
Now Google asks if you want your business location to appear on your website. Select either “Yes, I want it to appear on my website” or “No, I don't want it”. Depending on the type of business, you may need to provide an address. Select the appropriate option and click “Next”.
- Choose whether your company offers supplies or services.
Choose whether your company offers supplies or services. This step is optional.
- Add your region and click “Next”.
- Add your phone number.
- Add your business address, including your country and zip code.
- Verify your account.
- To do this, click on the “Home” page, which you will find at the top in the menu on the left, and follow the “Verify” link.
You are ready to start building your free Google website!
Create a Free Google FAQs Website
What is the main benefit of having a free Google website?
Unlike its competitors, you don't start from scratch or make all the decisions yourself. While it may seem easy to some, a Google site gives you a functional, good-looking website, and with a little imagination, you will get impressive results.
How do I set up a Google My Business page?
Google offers a step-by-step guide.
Do I need technical expertise to create a free Google website?
No, a free google website creates a professional looking website with minimal input from you.
How does a free Google website compare to its competitors?
While other options offer additional functionality, Google dwarfs its competitors in terms of simplicity and ease of use.
An online presence is a must these days. If prospects can't find your website, you are likely missing out on customers.
However, creating a website doesn't mean spending a lot of money or needing technical expertise. Instead, you can start with a free Google website and set it up in a few easy steps.
Once online, you can start enjoying additional leads, more customers, and more conversions – all you need to increase your business success rate and build a thriving business.
How has using a free Google Business website affected your business?
See how my agency can drive Firmly Amounts of traffic to your website
- SEO – Unleash massive amounts of SEO traffic. See real results.
- Content Marketing – Our team creates epic content that is shared, gets links and attracts traffic.
- Paid media – Effective paid strategies with a clear ROI.
Book a call